What the role is about
DataLane is a Process Mining consultancy that accompanies enterprises on their individual Process Mining journey. Among our customers are global companies that are best-in-class in their respective domains. The Process Mining market is growing quickly and both the technical capabilities but also the customer demands advance quickly. To match new trends and technologies with our customer’s expectations we have created an innovation lab for process analytics. Process analytics means creating value from process data and this is what we strive for. In this role you will work together with the head of the innovation lab and bring new innovative process analytics applications to our customers. Some of the tasks include:
- Identifying customer requirements through workshops and interviews.
- Design, development and evaluation of innovative applications based on process data applying methods of Process Mining and Machine Learning.
- Design, development and evaluation of managed services, in particular for SMEs.
- Improvement of our standard methods and approaches for customer implementations.
- Continuous analysis of the Process Mining Market.
- Identification of new technologies from academia or vendors.
What we are looking for
Your education and experience:
- A university degree in a field that allows you to analyse the complex projects you will be taking on at DataLane. Your colleagues are qualified in, amongst others, Information System, Econometrics, Business Administration, Operations Research, Informatics, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science.
- Ideally, you’ve got at least two years’ experience as a consultant and project manager and have had the opportunity to work within different companies. But if you have just graduated from university, convince us with other experiences you have gained.
- You prefer to have some depth in your toolkit, so you’ve really become the go-to expert in one or more powerful tools, and we don’t mean Visio, but, for example, PowerBI, Celonis or another analysis or processing mining tool.
- Some experience with skiing or snowboarding is preferred (we’ll explain this a little later)!
- DataLane works for major international companies, so you’ll need to be able to communicate just as effectively in English as in your native language.
- Some basic programming skills in SQL, Python or Java come in really handy in this job.
- Thinking logically and analysing and thinking in terms of processes is something you do intuitively. Complex puzzles? You love them!
- You’re the type who’s always learning, when it comes to accumulating knowledge there’s no limit to your appetite, and you want to apply this new knowledge immediately by trying out new things.
- You absolutely hate the phrase “We’ve Always Done It This Way”.
What we have to offer
As a Data Scientist at DataLane, you will be working for one of the coolest Process Mining consultancy “boutiques” in the Netherlands, Italy and Germany. Many of your colleagues have traded in a job at one of the Big Four for a career at DataLane, and for good reason!
- A competitive salary with a fair share in our annual revenue.
- A company laptop and telephone.
- Thirty vacation days.
- Team outings on a regular basis to get to know your colleagues better, for example, stand up paddle boarding, escape rooms or sail trips.
- As soon as Covid allows: an annual ski trip.
- A super steep learning curve including abundant training opportunities.
- A lot of freedom, in addition to working in the office and on the client’s premises, the opportunity to work from home or… wherever… in the future. We are currently planning to open a new office in Germany in the beautiful Allgäu near Memmingen. You will also have the possibility to work on a temporary basis from Den Bosch in our brand-new office.
Working at DataLane is, like at most start-ups; challenging, sometimes unpredictable, constantly changing, but therefore never boring. DataLane offers you a steep learning curve, many opportunities to do new things, and dedicated time for personal development.